Astaldi, new order for 100 million euro in Romania

Share this page

to your social networks

Rome, 18 April 2016 – Astaldi announces it has acquired, in joint venture, a contract in Romania for the construction of the Brasov–Oradea motorway.  The works to be performed are worth approximately EUR 100 million (Astaldi Group: 48.5% stake).

read more

The contract refers to the design and construction of about 18 kilometres of motorway sections (Brasov–Targu Mures–Cluj–Oradea, Section 2A; Ogra–Campia Turzii, Lot 2; Iernut–Chetani, from Km 3+600 to Km 21+500), including 3 viaducts, 5 overpasses, 3 flyovers, and 1 motorway interchange.  Works will begin in May, and have a duration of 16 months, of which 4 months for the design and 12 months for construction.

The Client is the National Company of Motorways and National Roads of Romania, and the works are 75% financed with European Funds with the remaining 25% financed by the State Budget.

Astaldi will carry out the works as leader of a joint venture established together with the company Max Bogl (48.5% stake), with which the Group has already built the Lia Manoliu National Stadium in Bucharest, completed in 2012, and the Romanian designer Consitrans (3%).

The Astaldi Group has been active in Romania for more than 20 years. It has already built more than 100 kilometres of railways and undergrounds, 250 kilometres of roads and motorways, 2 international airports (Henri Coanda in Bucharest, Avram Iancu in Cluj-Napoca) and, in Bucharest, in addition to the Lia Manoliu National Stadium, the dramatic Basarab viaduct. The Group is currently engaged in Bucharest in building new sections of the underground (Line 5 and Line 4), the Mihail Flamaropol Ice Arena, and the Piata Sudului road underpass, as well as the A1-Curiel expressway.


Learn more

Last updated: Sep 02 2016