Contracts totally worth about EUR 776 million

Share this page

to your social networks

Astaldi announces that, as part of a joint venture, has been awarded two new contracts in Romania, both related to the rehabilitation of the Frontieră-Curtici-Simeria railway line, part of the Pan-European Corridor IV. The total value of the works to be performed equals approximately EUR 776 million, and Astaldi’s share is 42%. 

The contracts include Lots 2A and 2B of the new railway corridor for the rehabilitation and stabilisation of 80 kilometres of railway and 11 stations, the ERTMS telecommunications and signalling system, as well as the construction of 30 bridges and a tunnel. The two lots are adjacent to one another; the considerable operational synergies and economies of scale thus gained will guarantee optimum performance of the works. The works are expected to last 36 months, starting by the end of the first half of this year.

The Customer is Romania’s National Railway Company. The works are 75% financed by European Funds (POIM), with the State budget providing the remaining 25%. Astaldi will carry out the works as leader of a joint venture with FCC Costruccion SA (42% share), SC Thales Systems Romania S.r.l. (15%), and Salcef Costruzioni Edili e Ferroviarie S.p.A. (1%).

The Astaldi Group has been operating for more than 20 years in Romania, where it has already built more than 100 kilometres of railways and undergrounds, 250 kilometres of roads and motorways, 2 international airports (Henri Coanda in Bucharest, Avram Iancu in Cluj-Napoca) and, in Bucharest, the Lia Manoliu National Stadium, the scenic Basarab viaduct, and the extension of Line 4 of the Underground. In Bucharest, it is currently engaged in completing Line 5 of the Underground, designing and building the Mihail Flamaropol ice arena, and constructing the Piata Sudului road underpass, the A1-Curiel expressway, and a section of the Ogra-Campia Turzii motorway.


Learn more

Last updated: Apr 03 2017